Tombstone Bicycle Tour - Oak Openings Preserve Metropark
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Includes Family Haunted Ride (costumes encouraged!)
- The rides are now on Saturday.
- All rides begin at Oak Openings Preserve Metropark.
- There are two loops for the Tombstone Tour, a 28.5 mile and a 16 mile loop. Riders can do one or combine them for 40+ miles. Registration is from 10:30-12:00noon.
- The Family Haunted Route is an enhanced 5 mile family-friendly route on the Oak Openings bike trail, totally inside the park. Guided tours will be led by a Metropark Ranger in uniform on the bike trail at 11:00am and 1:00pm. Kids will receive a Jr. Ranger badge.
- A map will be provided for new cyclists/first timers to ride the 5 mile route on their own any time during the day.
- All riders are offered lunch from 12:00-2:30pm.
- There will be a rest stop at the Providence Metropark Dam Shelter for the longer ride.
- # Selfie challenge available at each cemetery.
- All participants in bike friendly costumes are eligible to win prizes if they had their complimentary photo taken (download later).
- Top three prizes awarded plus drawing for additional prizes at 2:00pm.
Earlier Bike Tours
Tour de Four
Register for all 4 bike tours in one registration! We offer this option until the Portage River Tour!